The Ronald Anthony Diaries

The chronicles of being a father to a fun-loving boy growing up into manhood.

Six years later....

Last year I posted an entry about a photo I took of my son in 2000 entitled "Lakeside Serenity". He was just three at the time. That photo was, and still is, one of my favorite photos of my son. In case you missed that one, here it is again:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lakeside Serenity.

After more than six years, my son and I went back to the lake and we tried to locate that very same spot. Things were a bit different, but I think we hit it pretty close, except for the angle, which was a bit off. Nonetheless, I think its close enough:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lakeside Serenity. Plus 6.

I guess a lot has changed in six years. The trees seem taller, but the small hut-like structure is still there in the distance.

Technology has changed a lot too. The earlier photo was taken using an old 35 mm film camera (Minolta Riva Zoom 105). The latter one was taken using a 2 megapixel camera phone (Nokia N70).

I guess there's something to be said about change. Yes, change is constant. But if you give pause for a little while and looked around, and I mean really looked around, you'll notice that some things are still the same. And oftentimes, the things that stay the same are those which truly matter.

Maybe in another six years, my son and I will do this again. :-)

(Originally posted July 9, 2006 on Quaere Verum.)

Text Link Ads

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

December 14, 2006 10:18 AM

you are a very inspiring father! your blog penetrates deep within the hearts of your site's visitors. i will include you in my prayers!    



December 15, 2006 5:02 AM

Thank you very much for the kind words and the prayers. I'll include you in mine as well. :-)    



» Post a Comment