The Ronald Anthony Diaries

The chronicles of being a father to a fun-loving boy growing up into manhood.

Toy Convention....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last Sunday [June 26] my son and I found ourselves at the 4th Annual Toys, Hobbies & Collectibles Convention at Megatrade Hall 3 at SM Megamall. I guess you can say that being there was a toy lover and collector's dream, with all the collectible and hard to find toys being sold.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Action figures of all sorts, intricately detailed scale models, hard to find toys, and toys from decades ago were on exhibit, and offered for sale. Its a shame (or perhaps a good thing) that I couldn't afford to splurge on toys. Otherwise I would have bought everything in sight. Yeah, I'm a grown man, but it would seem that I have never really gotten over my love for toys, and I even have a bit of a collection myself. Its also something that my son and I enjoy doing together, as he also shares my love of toys, which, considering his age, is probably no surprise. :-)

We didn't really get to buy anything (some of those buggers cost an arm and a leg), but we had fun just looking at all of the exhibits. Here's a a picture of my son fooling around with a scale model of the parasite from the movie Alien:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Originally posted July 3, 2005 on Quaere Verum.)

Text Link Ads

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment