The Ronald Anthony Diaries

The chronicles of being a father to a fun-loving boy growing up into manhood.

Look closer....

For the past several weeks now, Aaron has been asking me where I kept my old magnifying glass. Apparently he wants to use it for certain "experiments" of his. Unfortunately, even though I know I put it somewhere, I can't seem to remember where. Probably in some drawer I can't reach because of all the stuff stacked around the place.

I loved my old magnifying glass when I was a kid. Yeah, it seems nerdy in retrospect, but I put it to good use (in a matter of speaking), either looking closely at objects, or focusing the sun's rays on stuff and pretending it was a laser beam. A lot of ants sacrificed their lives in the name of scientific curiosity because of that magnifying glass. :-) It's been several years since I last did anything of the sort. It was a shame I couldn't my find my old lens. I was looking forward to reliving some of those memories, this time with my son.

Well, as luck would have it, I chanced upon magnifying glasses being sold at Toy Kingdom in SM Megamall. I was looking around for a birthday gift for a Godson who just turned one when I bumped into a shelf full of them. Somehow I'm amazed at the unexpected stuff you can buy at Toy Kingdom. I remember it was also here that Aaron and I bought a telescope. They sell stuff you can't seem to find anywhere else.

And now we have a new magnifying glass. I wonder what sort of weird experiments Aaron will think of using this? Watch this space. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Text Link Ads

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment